Distributed real-time data acquisition and control PAC system MSX-Box
MSX-Box is a real-time PAC system (Programmable Automation Controller)
based on open source. The system is optimised for industrial measurement,
control and regulation tasks in real time.
• No need to take care of updates, no software licence costs:
Operating system Linux with RTAI real-time extension
• Full machine time only for your application
• Individual application design through free access to the source code
• Free development tools on Live DVD
MSX-Box Live DVD (1.9 GB)
• Standard components such as PCI backplane, standard Ethernet, …
• For all PCI boards with Linux drivers
• Secured investment: long-term product availability
• Learn more on www.msx-box.com
The MSX-Box constists of two parts: The standard-based hardware and
the free open source software.
Hardware: All standards
Work with technologies you know well: the MSX-Box is based exclusively
on standard components which have confirmed to be effective and will
be available for years:
• 64-bit MIPs processor PCI backplane without hard disk
• Flexible I/O configuration through PCI measurement boards
• Open and scalable, real-time, full machine time only for your application
• Real-time operating system Linux with RTAI extension
• Web server functions and FTP server
• Ethernet communication (TCP/IP)
• Web services (SOAP interface)
• Field bus interfaces (CAN, Profibus Slave, Interbus Master, RS232/RS485)
• Long-term availability wich secures your investment
Software: The open source philosophy on Live DVD
Save time and money: the open source philosophy is a constant theme
of the MSX-Box software.
• You decide whether and when to update your operating system: the system
runs with the real-time operation system Linux with RTAI, which also allows to
solve time-critical tasks.
• You have free access to the software down to the kernel source code.
You can make extensive system adaptations and realise your own optimised measurement
• With the web server, the MSX-Box can be accessed anytime without additional
program, as most PCs have a browser installed.
• You can program your own web interface for servicing the system.
• All MSX-Box development tools are licence-free. This saves expensive
licence costs for serial equipment.
• The Live DVD includes all development tools you may need to run the MSX-Box.
It is based on the 5.1.1 Knoppix version. We have selected Eclipse as development
environment because it has become a standard.
You can download the Live DVD directly: Download MSX-Box Live DVD
00.00.13 - 1.9 GB)
more about the MSX-Box Live DVD: Developing
with the Live DVD (PDF)